Cheap stock footage represent a growing business opportunity for filmmakers. They help save time and money on your production. They don’t come from the inventive minds of filmmakers, so many might think they are less original. However, that is not entirely the case. Many indie filmmakers have find a way to make use of what’s around them to provide the creative community with inexpensive, high quality stock footage.
Here are 5 reasons why you should use stock footage for your creative projects:
- It’s cheaper and easier that shooting the video yourself. While the majority of footage in your film will come from your camera, there are instances when stock footage can be of great help. They help you save time and money. For instance, you need a beautiful shot of a city skyline. You don’t have to worry about travel costs, permits and other expenses to create the shot. Stock footage is ready to use. It costs a fraction of conducting your own shoot at a much lesser time.
- Even Hollywood films use it. Every production is trying to save time and money, regardless of budget. Hollywood movies use stock footage all the time. Of course, they could have captured their own setting. But, they still chose to save a little money and time by using stock.
- It’s ready when you need it. If you are on a deadline, stock videos are the best option to get your last minute pick up shots. No need to stress about finding funds and setting up an entire day of video shoot. Just visit a stock footage site, download the video and use it to complete you project.
- Not all stock footage look “stocky”. Many filmmakers think that stock footage look like “stock footage. That’s probably why they tend to stay away from them. But as long as you make sure you use the highest quality possible, add a grade the matches your project and mask it good editing, you are good to go.
- Stock filmmakers are filmmakers, too. Surely, not all cheap stock footage is good stock. But, there are plenty of professionals around the world who are creating beautiful pieces to be used in all types of projects. Visit any established stock site and you will find some of the most amazing shots at very low prices.
Now that we have established the benefits of using stock footage in your films, let us talk about the best places to purchase them. As a creative, you want the best for your project. The best agencies to buy royalty-free footage at very low prices include: Shutterstock, VideoBlocks, iStock, Adobe Stock and Pond5.
The above stock sites help you maximize your budget’s value. They come with their own unique features, but there have two things in common – they offer some of the lowest prices and the highest quality clips in the market. Their simple buying systems can help you spice up your projects without breaking the bank.
What are you waiting for? Boost up your productions and get the best value for your money by visiting our recommended stock footage sites.